Seed Phytonutrients Review: Sustainable Liquid Shampoo
A Review of the Goods
You’ve probably seen Seed Phytonutrients‘ old packaging—the cardboard exterior with a thin plastic bag on the inside, made even more special by including a packet of seeds to make their way to your garden once the shampoo has been depleted. Recently, the company has replaced this packaging with a lighter, fully recyclable aluminum can, which is a more eco friendly packaging option overall. So, does the shampoo hold up past the gimmicky packaging?
We tried a couple of the shampoo formulas, and for a sustainable shampoo liquid, we’re pretty impressed. The natural formula is a little thicker than the typical shampoo, so it’s best for dry or color treated hair. For thin strands, the every day shampoo is the thickest you’ll want to go.
It doesn’t foam up quite like their chemical-filled partners, so it takes a bit of getting used to, but our wintery brittle hair felt nourished after a week of use. And the aroma! That’s the best part of this product. While the fragrance is dependent on formula, they’re all gorgeous.
The price is my problem, though. Compared to our other competitors in the sustainable shampoo ring, it’s definitely on the highest run of price. It may feel more luxurious than a shampoo bar, but this liquid shampoo will run about double the drugstore brands.
Seed Phytonutrients Review: Product quality and ingredients sustainability
- the aluminum container is fully recyclable—even the cap!
- Leaping Bunny certified
- Vegan, paraben free, sulfate free, with natural fragrances, but not 100% natural
- 99% organic, but we don’t know what that 1% is
Packaging/shipping materials and practices sustainability
- Climate neutral certified!
- The company takes pains to make sure you recycle the whole bottle. Pact, the nonprofit they partnership with to recycle the caps, costs $5 to send, and Seed Photonutrients will give that right back to you in store credit.
- family owned